Be A Color Runner

I'm newly addicted to Instagram and one of my favorite people to follow is my wacky cousin Taylor. There is just no one in the WORLD like him - and I mean that in the very best way possible. He's one of the coolest guys I've ever known, and I love seeing his unique photos every week.

Just a few hours ago he shared a picture of himself with his buddy both wearing a shirt that said "The Color Run". I had no idea what it meant, but having the world at my finger tips I googled away, and wow. This is quite possibly the coolest thing I've ever seen.

The self-proclaimed "happiest 5K on the planet" is the most unique 5K run/walk/crawl there ever has been. I'm sure of it.

The Color Run5k paint race event is a one of a kind experience that is less about speed and more about enjoying a color crazy day with your friends and family. For our events, it is about participants of all different speeds, ages, shapes, and sizes toeing the start line. Whether you are a casual morning mall walker or an Olympic athlete, the 3 miles of The Color Run course will be the most enjoyable real estate youve traveled in a VERY long time.

So you arrive at the starting line in all white gear and when it's time you enter the "color zone" where volunters are splashing you with "paint" (non-toxic, even edible though they don't recommend it!) all the way through. There are 3 color zones, and the finish line is more of a paint show finale! How unbelievably awesome is that? I can not wait for them to come to Philadelphia this summer. I'm so there!!

On to the fashion part - that is after all what my blog is about. All the fun crazy colors from the race, and the fact that neon is definitely in, inspired the following creation. To be honest, I didn't think that I was really a fan of the neon colors - I was having flashbacks to bad outfits my mother dressed me in during the 80s (crimped hair, need I say more?) But after I played around a bit with some different styles, I really am digging the end result! I must admit, I am now a neon-believer, I never thought I'd see the day!

Komentar